The national Department of Cooperative Governance issued a document on the duties that municipalities will fulfil and the delivery of essential services during the national lockdown. The FF Plus wants to share this important information with the public.
Municipal services deemed essential are those that may put the safety and / or health of the public or a person at risk if they are interrupted.
The following services are classified as essential services:
• Municipal, traffic and policing services.
• Municipal health services.
• Municipal security services.
• Services delivered by the traffic department, where necessary.
• The supply and distribution of water.
• Security services aimed at securing infrastructure and enforcing access control at property, water services and pump stations.
• The generation, supply and distribution of electricity.
• Lifeguard services at beaches.
• Urgent utilities.
The following sanitation services are also deemed essential.
• The removal of organic garbage.
• The removal of contaminated waste from medical and veterinary practices as well as hospitals.
• The removal and dumping of garbage at dumping sites.
• The removal of garbage older than 14 days or more, including household garbage and garbage lying in public areas and roads.
• The maintenance and functioning of water-based sewage systems, including sewage pump stations and the control of industrial wastewater let off in the water system.
• The maintenance and functioning of sewage purification plants.
If a dispute exists about a water or electricity account, the services may not be interrupted at this time. The FF Plus encourages the public to keep paying their municipal accounts. If you do not receive a new account, pay the amount reflected on your previous account.
The public can send any and all complaints regarding service delivery to the following FF Plus WhatsApp number: 082 632 5051.